Junior to Mid-Level Graphic Designer (FULL TIME)
We're looking to hire a talented and driven junior to mid-level graphic designer / photographer / photo retoucher.
So what kind of person are we looking for?
- Hands on as well as theoretical on problem solving
- An open minded, positive and enthusiastic person.
- Great communication and people skills.
- Pushes boundaries, excited about learning new skills etc.
- Work well under a head designer, be a team player
- Respond well to direction and criticism
- The ability to take initiative and be self motivated
- A disciplined and focused perfectionist when it come to getting things done right
- Structured and organised
Here are some of the tasks that this role will entail:
- Layout in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop for various design briefs.
- Studio photo shoots of product pack-shots and environmental beauty shots.
- Photo retouching to produce high quality, world class imagery.
- Packaging design, prototyping, mock-ups through to final production.
- Website and social media visual content creation, visual preparation, photos, logos.
- Vector illustration - stylized line-art.
- Design instruction leaflets, product info PDFs, promotional materials such as banners/posters.
- Catalogue design.
- Occasional copywriting
- Signage, in house vinyl cutting, weeding and application etc.
- Screen printing
- Letterpress printing, including designing plates, dies, press operation.
- Design stamps
- Laser engraving artwork, design and setup.
- Stationery design
- Communicating with service providers, sourcing new suppliers, obtaining quotes.
- Running design jobs from initial brief all the way through to final printing/publishing.
- Maintain organised database of design assets, jobs, projects.
- Self-educate (independently exploring solutions using available resources).
Here's what you can expect if we pick you to join our family:
- Full time employment with a 3 month probation.
- Additional on the job training relating to our techniques, products and industry
- A leading problem solving role that combines a variety of complementary design disciplines.
To apply, please send through the following:
- Brief cover letter explaining why you're ideal for this job
- Photo of yourself
- CV and link to portfolio
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We're expecting quite a few replies and might not have time to get back to everyone. If you don't hear back from us, then you probably didn't make the cut on this occasion. We want to make sure that you value this opportunity and have read through our list properly. So when you apply, please use the words "pick me, I love design" in caps in the subject line so that we know you read all the details.